You asked, we baked! Our much-loved hemp banana bread is back with a nutty bang. The beauty of adding hemp seed oil and seeds to a traditional family favourite adds a mild and nutty flavour which pairs beautifully with banana.
So why add hemp may you ask?
Hemp seeds are exceptionally rich in two essential acids, linoleic acid (Omega-6) and Alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). Gamma-linoletic acid which is apart of the omega-6 family converts within our bodies to help reduce inflammation and promotes cell growth. We’ve written a blog on the omega benefits here if you would like to learn more. Lastly, hemp seeds are known as a great source of protein helping you keep fuller for longer.
Need we say more? Let’s get baking.
Cook Time – 1 Hour
- 1 ½ cups of spelt flour
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of Hemple hemp seeds
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (1 for decoration)
- 2/3 of a cup of Hemple hemp seed oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients into large mixing bowl, sift if you feel necessary
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl and add to dry mixture until well combined
- Pour mixture into a well-oiled or baking paper lined loaf tin
- Add thinly sliced banana, hemp seeds and drizzled honey to finish
- Place into the oven for 60 minutes or until fully cooked through
Serve warm with butter to enjoy!
Tag your creations at #highonhemp.